What is it?
Auto Eye is a 100% procedural generated eye for Blender Cycles and Eevee, fully customizable and focused on make easy to create a wide variety of styles. From realistic to cartoon and even animal eyes, like cat eyes.
Why you need Auto Eye?
The eyes are one of the first things you look at on a character. Nice looking eyes will make your characters look alive and Auto Eye will help you in that.
- Faster workflow
- Easy customization
- Unlimited resolution
- Customer support
Customize your eyes the way you want!
Iris and Pupil Shape Keys
Collarette and Crypts Parameters
Fake Shadow and Cornea Mask Hardness
Node Parameters v03
Realistic to Cartoon
Since Auto Eye uses procedural textures, you don't need to worry about resolution. Your eyes will hold well even for close up cameras.
Real time preview
For animation, you can turn off the visibility of the cornea in the Viewport and see where your character are looking at in Solid mode.
With the Auto Eye it's also possible to bake the
There are 3 tutorials covering this process to guide you.
- Baking Maps - https://youtu.be/UWyAn8lYyCY
- Setup Maps - https://youtu.be/YiSWxuwmGuY
- Setup Materials - https://youtu.be/6SRgVZAQDW0
What other artists are saying
"I just spent 15 minutes playing with it and I must say, it's as brilliant as I expected! I honestly can imagine using this for every character I did going forward."
" I used it to boost the eyeball visuals in 5 minutes, Surprisingly fast & efficient tool that works great."
"Excellent addon! All shaders are thoroughly developed and easily customizable. It allows you to create a variety of eyes from cartoony to realistic in a nick of time. It’s also a great base for creating your own texture. Highly recommend!"
"In the last few years, I have been using Auto Eye in all my art projects, and I always get surprised by how it brings up the quality level of the project so quickly. It is a versatile, powerful, and terrific add-on that I recommend without a doubt."
What you'll get
- Customizable procedural eye
- Material parameters setup
- 8 Shape keys for customization
- Render in Cycles and Eevee
How to install
Go to Edit > Preferences > Add-ons and click install.
Search for the zip file on the folder you saved.
How to use it
The Auto Eye will be available on the Add menu, at the top of the Viewport or using the Shift + A shortcut. You will see it at the bottom of the list, just click and it’ll be add to your scene.
If you are going to use the Auto Eye in Eevee make sure to have a dedicated graphics card. Since Eevee rely on the GPU power and the Auto Eye use quite a few nodes, on board graphics card may cause freeze or crash to Blender.
Q: Can I bake maps from the Auto Eye?
A: Yes, you can bake 4 maps.
Color, Specular, Roughness and Bump.
Q: The Auto Eye is not working properly on Eevee or Material Preview?
A: To fix that just go to Eevee and enable the Screen Space Reflections and also the Refraction option.
Furthermore, I recommend open a new empty file, enable these options and save the Startup File to have these options enable by default in Blender.
- Added Dark Ring distortion
- Crypts Rotation
- Collarette Opacity
- Simple Add-on
- Fake Shadow on SCLERA material for Eevee
- Pupilarry Hardness
- Bake Color, Specular, Roughness, Bump and Cornea Mask
- Fix Collarette Opacity/Scale
- Add more bump imperfections on the CORNEA/SCLERA material
- Unjoin Iris for better result of the Subsurface
- Improved Fake Shadow
- Improved Veins Bump
- Subsurface Radius controlled by a driver
- Mix imperfection map with the roughness
- Improved Cornea Mask Hardness
- Huge kudos to Jean, for helping on the add-on
- New Emission Parameter on the Iris Material
- Adding a new Auto Eye now uses the 3D Cursor position ( Kudos to Fwiller )
- Fixing the align of vertices on the Iris mesh
- From this version, the Auto Eye will be composed by one single object instead of two.
- When added to the scene through the Add Menu, the add-on enable the Screen Space Reflection and Refraction options in Eevee.